Monday 26 June 2017

Summer Wardrobe

When it comes to summer clothes I am the worst. I find it extremely hard to splash out on a bunch of summer outfits since here in England, we tend to get around 2 weeks worth of genuinely hot weather, and even that's a stretch. As weird as it may seem to some, I am 100% a winter person so that's another contributing factor! But, as we're well on our way into Summer I've reluctantly found myself having to buy the odd piece of summer clothing here and there. 

However, in the last few days before I move out of my flat for the end of first year at University, my boyfriend and I spontaneously decided to book our first holiday together, literally in the space of like 48 hours which was of course very exciting! After we had our happy, giddy phase it soon kicked in that we literally jet off to Tenerife in the space of 10 days and I am far from prepared. So I thought this was the perfect opportunity to share some bits and pieces I'm loving at the moment for summer, and what I'm thinking of purchasing for my own holiday. 

I personally find that Asos is a lifesaver when it comes to summer clothes, they have so much variety and what's better than shopping from the comfort of your laptop avoiding the manic last minute holiday shoppers like myself? I love how you can almost shop a shop, within a shop. For example, you can find Missguided clothing, Newlook clothing and loads more, all on the same site. So I just click on the 'Holiday' edit from the menu and start shopping!

The first swimwear item I spotted was this gorgeous floral swimsuit with lace up detail on the sides. I love everything about it, I love the colours and the little bit of extra something it has going on with the lace up sides. 


Next are these gorgeous sandals. I love how simple and feminine they are (and that they only cost £10!). They can definitely be dressed either up or down which is a bonus, and I think the pretty gold colour will go perfectly with a tan.. plus they're super comfy.


I was pretty unsure about these slider style shoes, when I chose them I mostly had travelling attire in mind but due to the embellishment on them with the gold strap, they would actually go well with all sorts of outfits. I actually really liked them once they arrived!


This next top is a gorgeous off the shoulder top which is actually from Boohoo, now if you know me you know I loveee anything off the shoulder. I think the style is so flattering and literally looks good on everyone. This over dramatic, frilled style sleeve seems to really be in at the moment and I think this would look gorgeous with a denim skirt or some culottes.


I definitely need more outfits before my holiday but of course this is a start! After some more frantic and stressful shopping, fingers crossed I'll have everything I need and I'll be happy with the outfits.

Hopefully you enjoyed reading this post as it's also my first! If you did look out for some more coming very soon, 

Amelia x




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig